By John M. Kistler
Containing over 900 entries, this accomplished consultant presents scholars with books and accompanying websites overlaying each element of animal rights, from vegetarianism to vivisection to feminist views at the subject. Entries, which offer fabrics with various viewpoints, are prepared alphabetically in six various chapters that handle particular concerns, similar to deadly makes use of of animals and animal populations, encompassing the full of the animal rights debate. This targeted and uncomplicated association permits researchers to make a brief decision of which issues are of curiosity and which bankruptcy has comparable fabrics, whereas annotations for every access support the consumer opt for the main applicable of those fabrics.
Read Online or Download Animal Rights: A Subject Guide, Bibliography, and Internet Companion PDF
Similar bibliographies & indexes books
The hugely readable is greater than a bibliography. Written in a story variety, it truly is to boot a quick heritage of the Loyalists: who they have been, why they left, the place they settled, and what their legacy is.
Unternehmensphilosophie – das ist bei Herbert Wiedemann wörtlich zu nehmen. Als Kronzeuge für seine Betrachtungen zur Dynamik innerhalb von Unternehmen dient dem erfahrenen Autor kein geringerer als Hegel selbst. Wer additionally genug hat von kurzatmigen Management-Moden, dem sei dieses Buch empfohlen. Mit Hegelscher Dialektik als theoretischem Rüstzeug analysiert Wiedemann die Soziologie des Unternehmens und gelangt mit seiner ungewöhnlichen Perspektive zu anregenden Einsichten in die Unternehmenswirklichkeit.
Benefiting from the exceptional entry to books and knowledge that has develop into on hand within the previous few years, this bibliography identifies and strains the heritage of 1000's of books and articles on Ecclesiastes released in lots of diversified languages earlier than 1875. It contains not only scholarly literature yet exegetical sermons, homiletic works, and poetic paraphrases of the textual content so as to provide considerably extra complete assurance than in any prior bibliography.
- E-books in Libraries: A Practical Guide
- A Comprehensive, Annotated Bibliography on Mahatma Gandhi: Books and Pamphlets about Mahatma Gandhi
- American Writers: Supplement
- Manuel María Ponce: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- Yeniseian Peoples and Languages : A History of Yeniseian Studies with an Annotated Bibliography and a Source Guide
- Jazz Books in the 1990s: An Annotated Bibliography
Additional resources for Animal Rights: A Subject Guide, Bibliography, and Internet Companion
I doubt that Darwin intended for his biological theories to become justification for political proclamations, as the Nazis also seemed to be attempting in their eugenics and "purification" of the human species. Pluhar, Evelyn B. Beyond Prejudice: The Moral Significance of Human and Non-Human Animals. , 1995. (082231648x) The author, a philosophy professor at Penn State University, Fayette, presents the view that speciesism (belief that humans are more important than animals) is a form of bigotry.
Html]. Singer, Peter. Animal Liberation: A New Ethic for Our Treatment of Animals, 2nd revised ed. , 1990 (originally published in 1975). (0940322005) He uses utilitarian philosophy to destroy behaviorist presuppositions on the nature of animals. Newsweek credits this book with starting the animal rights movement. It discusses the issues of dominion, vegetarianism, vivisection, factory farming, and equality. htm]. html]. Singer, Peter. The Animal Liberation Movement: Its Philosophy, Its Achievements and Its Future.
52. Garner, Robert. Political Animals: Animal Protection Policies in Britain and the United States. New York: St. , 1998. (0312212089) Comparative research on animal welfare policies and how special interest groups bring influence to bear on the governments involved. html]. 53. , and Swanson, Janice C , compilers. An Annotated Bibliography of Selected Materials Concerning the Philosophy of Animal Rights. , 1988. html]. 54. Godlovitch, Stanley, Godlovitch, Rosalind, and Harris, John, eds. Animals, Men and Morals: An Inquiry into the Maltreatment of Non-Humans.
Animal Rights: A Subject Guide, Bibliography, and Internet Companion by John M. Kistler